The difference between saving or losing a limb often comes down to receiving optimal wound care.
Dr. Zakhary is passionate about wound care and has extensive knowledge and training in treating wound care. Dr. Zakhary is board certified in general surgery and board qualified in both vascular surgery and wound care. He has completed 7 years of formal surgical training, including a vascular and endovascular surgery fellowship at Baylor University.
Dr. Zakhary is well versed on multiple wound care and limb salvage techniques and procedures including:
- NPWT – Negative Pressure Wound Therapy,
- Skin Substitutes
- Split Thickness Skin Grafting
- SGHMC – sustained, graduated, high–moderate compression
- HBOT – Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Excisional Debridement
- Revascularization – Endovascular and Surgical
- TCC – Total Contact Casting
- Felted Foam Foot Strapping
- Achilles Tendon Lengthening
- Gauze hydrogel, hydrocolloid,
- foam, transparent film, calcium alginates, chemical debriding agents, growth factors, compression dressings, and biological dressings.