The difference between saving or losing a limb often comes down to receiving optimal wound care.
Dr. Zakhary is passionate about wound care and has extensive knowledge and training in treating all types of wounds. He is board certified in vascular surgery and board certified in general surgery. He has completed 7 years of formal surgical training, including a vascular and endovascular surgery fellowship at Baylor University.
Dr. Zakhary is well versed on multiple wound care and limb salvage techniques and procedures including:
- NPWT – Negative Pressure Wound Therapy
- Skin Substitutes (Cellular Tissue Products)
- Split Thickness Skin Grafting
- SGHMC – Sustained, Graduated, High–Moderate Compression
- HBOT – Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Excisional Debridement
- Revascularization – Endovascular and Surgical
- TCC – Total Contact Casting
- Foot Strapping and advanced Offloading Techniques
- Achilles Tendon Lengthening
- Gauze hydrogel, hydrocolloid, foam, transparent film, calcium alginates, chemical debriding agents, growth factors, compression dressings, and biological dressings.